- The Emirates Boeing-777 first class suite was unveiled last year.
- It won Best First Class at the 2019 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® awards in April 2019.
- Each seat is fully enclosed with a cabin door for privacy, emulating the experience of a 5-star hotel room.
- The seats also come with a personal dining service, video intercom and luxury skincare collection.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
In 2018, Emirates launched a new First Class on a small number of its Boeing 777-30 0ER aeroplanes. Only initially available on a selection of planes on its fleet, the range expanded in 2019.
It has been praised for its luxury. The cabin won Best First Class at the 2019 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice® awards in April 2019.
The cabin features a sliding door so travellers are completely enclosed. As the aircraft has a 1-1-1 formation for first class, the inner seats have ‘windows’ that show a live feed from cameras on the exterior of the craft. Passengers in window seats are provided with binoculars so they can watch takeoff and landing.
Each suite comes with a luxury toiletries product set, featuring sleep oil and pillow mist. There is also a spritz of Bulgari’s floral woody fragrance – Eau Parfumée au Thé Blanc (white tea fragrance). There is also a fold-up mirror built into the cabin table.
The cabin also features a magazine rack, selection of drinks and snacks, and a a super-wide 32-inch TV. Guests are provided with Bowers & Wilkins E1 headphones.
The tasting menu is available at any time, so guests can choose their own time to dine from a variety of menus. Meals can be ordered via a video intercom service in the cabin.
The leather seats recline to a zero-gravity position, which Emirates claim removes pressure from passengers’ necks and back. It also reclines to a sleeping position, with complimentary slippers, pajama set and night mask.
Passengers who fly First Class also receive a complimentary Mercedes-Benz chauffeur service and lounge access.
Produced by Ju Shardlow and David Ibekwe