- Online movie ticket service Fandango announced that audiences have already bought twice as many pre-sale tickets for Marvel’s “Avengers: Infinity War” as they did for “Black Panther.”
- “Infinity War” is also outpacing the last seven Marvel movies combined in pre-sale tickets.
- Box office tracking for “Infinity War” estimates it could open to over $US200 million, which isn’t a stretch if pre-sale tickets are an indication.
We already knew the box office for “Avengers: Infinity War” was going to be huge, but if advance ticket sales are any indication, the movie will blow many people’s expectations away.
The online movie ticketing service Fandango announced on Wednesday that, with over two weeks to go before it comes to theatres, “Infinity War” has already doubled the amount of pre-sale tickets of “Black Panther” on the service.
According to Fandango, the service sold more than 30% of the opening weekend tickets for “Black Panther,” which means it’s likely a reliable indicator of good things to come for “Infinity War.”
Deadline recently reported that “Infinity War” could open to over $US200 million and break April box-office records. For comparison, “Black Panther” opened to $US242 million for the four-day Presidents’ Day weekend in February.
“Infinity War” beat the record for fastest-selling advance tickets for a superhero movie in the first 24 hours (in just six hours). That record was previously held by “Black Panther.”
Fandango also said “Infinity War” is outpacing the last seven Marvel movies combined in pre-sale tickets. Those movies include “Black Panther,” “Thor: Ragnarok,” “Spider-Man: Homecoming,” “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” “Doctor Strange,” “Captain America: Civil War,” and “Ant-Man.”
More on Marvel:
- The directors of ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ changed their Twitter profile picture, and fans think it’s a clue to Captain America’s fate
- Zoe Saldana slams ‘elitists’ who look down on Marvel movies
- Why ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ is the best movie in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- MoviePass says it has bought over 1 million tickets for ‘Black Panther’
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.