- More than 165,000 infant sleepers were recalled because of their risk of suffocating infants.
- No incidents have been reported but the recall was initiated because of the similarity of the products to other manufacturers’ sleepers that have reported incidents.
- The four brands include Summer Infant, Evenflo, Delta Enterprise Corp., and Graco.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The US Consumer Product and Safety Commission (CPSC) recalled four brands of infant sleepers due of the risk of babies suffocating in them, according to a new report from NBC New York.
Even though there have been no reported incidents among Summer Infant, Evenflo, Delta Enterprise Corp., and Graco, 165,000 sleepers were recalled because of their similarity to other manufacturers’ products that did report infant deaths.
The CPSC received reports of 1,108 incidents, including 73 infant deaths, related to infant-inclined sleep products that occurred from January 2005 through June 2019, according to a press release.
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that infants younger than one year old should sleep on their backs on a firm surface to avoid suffocation.
Here are the products under recall:
- Name: SwaddleMe By Your Bed Sleeper
- Model number: 91394
- Dates: March 2017 to December 2019
- Cost: $US99
- Name: Pillo Portable Napper
- Dates: May 2017 to January 2020
- Cost: $US75
Delta Enterprise Corp.
- Names: The Beautyrest Beginnings Incline Sleeper with Adjustable Feeding Position for Newborns; Disney Baby Minnie Mouse Incline Sleeper with Adjustable Feeding Position for Newborns; Delta Children Deluxe 3-in-1 Activity Rocker, Feeder and Sleeper; Simmons Kids Beautyrest Deluxe 3-in-1 Activity Rocker, Feeder, and Sleeper; 3-in-1 Activity Rocker, Feeder and Incline Sleeper.
- Dates: January 2017 to December 2018
- Cost: $US42 – $US51
- Name: Little Lounger Rocking Seat
- Model Number: 1872034, 1875063, 1875102, 1877160, 1882081, 1896313, 1908957, 1914283 and 2047734
- Dates: 2013 to 2018
- Cost: $US80
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.