The Colts were completely lost without Peyton Manning at the helm of the offence yesterday.
They lost to the Texans 34-7, and played so badly that Vegas dropped their odds to win the Super Bowl from 50-1 to 100-1 today.
But there is one scenario where this awful Peyton Manning injury turns out to be a blessing in disguise.
Here it is:
- Peyton Manning gets placed on injured reserve and misses the rest of the 2011 season
- The Colts end up with a league-worst 3-13 record as Kerry Collins proves too old to play anymore
- Manning announces he’ll be back in 2012
- The Colts take Stanford QB and budding-superstar Andrew Luck with the first overall pick in the 2012 Draft
- Manning plays three more seasons, moulding Luck into a star a la the Favre-Rodgers situation in Green Bay a few years ago
- Luck takes over and the Colts are good until 2025
It’s unlikely, but not completely out of the question.