- Job sites are continuing to develop resources to help unemployed Americans find work.
- Indeed, one of the largest job sites in the US, recently added a new virtual interviewing technology to help companies screen a large number of candidates for open roles.
- Employers can pre-screen, interview, and message candidates directly using the technology.
- The tool helps applicants move through the hiring process more quickly and target employers that are looking to fill roles right now, the company said in a statement.
- The announcement comes at a time when millions of Americans are unemployed and seeking work.
- The aggregate total of people receiving unemployment benefits in the US totaled 17 million for the week that ended July 18, according to the Department of Labour.
- Indeed recently partnered with Glassdoor, another major US job search tool, to allow employers to cross-promote their brands and their available job listings on both websites.
- Applicants can sign up for virtual hiring events on Indeed.com.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.