Apple just updated its iMac with a refreshed design.
The new desktop is only five millimeters thick and the screen expands from edge to edge.
This is the first iMac to get rid of the CD/DVD super drive.
Here are some other specs:
- The next-gen iMac sheds 8 pounds from previous generation.
- The iMac still comes in two sizes, 21.5-inches and 27-inches.
- With this iMac Apple also is launching a new fusion drive. A fusion drive fuses two hard drives into one logical volume, combining traditional HDDs and SSDs ($250 extra charge).
- There is 75% less screen reflection than the previous generation.
- Each screen is individually calibrated before it leaves the factory
- The front-facing FaceTime HD camera records at 720p
- The all-in-one has 4 USB 3.0 ports, 2 Thunderbolt ports, a Gigabit Ethernet port, SDXC card slot, and a headphone jack.
- Bluetooth 4.0 and 802.11n Wi-Fi a/b/g/n
- The new iMac also takes advantage of a brand new stereo sound system
- Users can customise the computer with up to 32GB of RAM
- Even more energy efficient.
Both machines still ship with Apple’s Wireless Keyboard and either the Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad.The 21.5-inch weighs 12.5 pounds and starts with a 2.6 GHz quad-core third-generation Intel i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, a 1 TB HDD, and starts at $1299. The 21.5-inch ships in November.
The 27-inch weighs 21 pounds and starts with a 2.9 GHz quad-core third-generation Intel i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, a 1TB HDD, and starts at $1799. The 27-inch ships in December.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.