Eliot Spitzer will be speaking on the state of Wall Street — from protests to reform to what’s next — as well as politics and media in a high-level discussion with Business Insider’s Editor-in-Chief Henry Blodget at the upcoming IGNITION conference on the future of media. Spitzer is the former governer of New York was previously the state’s attorney general.IGNITION, taking place Nov. 30 to Dec. 1, 2011, in New York City, focuses on media and technology, with speakers such as Facebook’s Sheryl Sandberg and the Twitter’s Adam Bain.
Tickets are currently on sale.
Spitzer is highly familiar with the machinations of the press. A media barrage has followed his career, from his high-powered prosecution of white-collar crime to his resignation in the wake of involvement with an escort agency. He also co-hosted a nightly news program on CNN for a year.
Topics Spitzer and Blodget may touch on at IGNITION include:
- Politics and media in the modern age, including changing media strategy, news brands picking favourites, and the role of social media
- The state of Wall Street, including protests, prosecutions for wrongdoing or lack thereof, attempts at reform
- The evolution of TV and the media, including Spitzer’s experiences
- The current political scene, and
- What might come next for the former lawyer and politician
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.