- Galaxy Pod Hostel in Reykjavik, Iceland, has futuristic sleeping pods in place of traditional bunk beds.
- The hostel’s sleeping pods look worthy of being featured in “Star Wars.”
- The pods are equipped with a memory foam mattress, plugs, reading lights, a mirror, and a privacy curtain or door.
- Guests can climb into the pods and watch TV, then fall asleep under galactic-inspired purple lights.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The hostel, located in Reykjavik, Iceland, puts an unconventional spin on typical sleeping accommodations. Instead of bunk beds or cots, the hostel has what it calls “space pods,” or sleeping cubbies that look like something from a space shuttle.
Keeping scrolling to see what it’s like to stay at the Galaxy Pod Hostel.
The pods are stacked on top of one another like modern bunk beds.
The hostel has four sleeping rooms, each with a different layout that can fit various amounts of guests, according to the website.
There are rooms that can fit four, six, and eight people, respectively, as well as a six-person, females-only room, and a dorm with 24 sleeping pods.
The pods are like futuristic sleeping capsules, but they’re surprisingly cosy on the inside.
Each sleeping pod is equipped with either a privacy curtain or sliding door.
Guests can climb into a sleeping pod and find everything they need — including an outlet, a small locker, a reading light, and an alarm clock.
There’s even a tiny, makeshift headboard at the end of the pod.
The pods are the perfect place to curl up and watch a movie after a long day of travelling …
You could relive your favourite “Star Wars” film while falling asleep in one of the space-themed capsules.
… or to pretend to fall asleep under the stars, thanks to the various light settings.
The pods offer some serious mood-lighting.
The hostel’s futuristic pods are available in twin- and queen-sized beds.
Guests who get a pod on the upper level can climb into the capsule using one of the handy ladders attached to the side.
From the outside, the space pods look like tiny aeroplane cabins …
… or like something from a space shuttle.
Outside the sleeping pods, the rooms have lockers where guests can store their luggage.
Everything is neatly tucked away in the hostel’s modern sleeping rooms.
The hostel also has a virtual reality gaming room …
… and a trendy lounge and bar area.
The space pods look even more galactic at night when the purple-and-blue lights glow in the dark rooms.
After sleeping in the futuristic cubbies, guests can exit their pods and take in the stunning mountain views — just as if they have landed on Earth after a night in space.
Learn more at the Galaxy Pod Hostel website.
- Read more:
- A ‘Star Wars’ hotel that will make you feel like you’re on a giant ship is coming to Disney World in 2021. Here’s everything we know.
- You can see the Northern Lights from a glass igloo at this resort in the middle of Finland’s wilderness
- You can stay in a ‘Hobbit Hole’ Airbnb in Ireland for just $US100 a night
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.