The Hurun Report, which was established as a research unit in 1999 by British accountant Rupert Hoogewerf, found that China also created a glut of female billionaires under the age of 50.
“There can be no question anymore that China is the best place in the world to be a woman entrepreneur,” said Rupert Hoogewerf, Chairman and Chief Researcher of Hurun Report.
“The question I am often asked is ‘Why is China producing so many of the world’s most successful women in business?’ There is no Chinese in the Top 10 of the world’s self-made billionaire men, yet 6 of the Top 10 world’s self-made women billionaires are from China. The one-child policy coupled with traditional childcare, whereby grandparents often play a much larger role in bringing up the children than in developed countries, is perhaps a reason. Another is the business boom this generation has enjoyed in China.”
Check out who made the list for the youngest self-made female billionaires in the world:
9. Sheryl Sandberg -- Net worth $US1.7 billion. The Facebook chief operating officer has made her fortune as one of the most powerful women in tech and is an activist for getting more women into work.
T=5. Peng Lei -- Net worth $US1.4 billion. As one of the founders of the Chinese e-commerce business giant Alibaba Group, she is extremely wealth at just 44-years-old.
T=5. Bu Yang -- Net worth $US1.4 billion. The 44-year-old's wealth is self-made by her holding in one China's largest appliance retailers Suning Global.
T=5. Zuo Xiaoping -- Net worth $US1.7 billion. Aged 44, she is the vice president of China Lesso Group Holdings -- a plastics pipe and pipe fitting manufacturing company.
T=5. Luo Qianqian -- Net worth $US3.5 billion. The 44-year-old, also known as Chrissy Luo, is the cofounder of Shanda Interactive Entertainment Limited -- an online gaming company. However, the company has evolved into a massive investment group called Shanda Group.
4. Wu Lanlan -- Net worth $US1.8 billion. At only 43-years-old, she is vice chairman of Shenzhen Yuto Packaging, which mainly makes products for gift boxes and instruction manuals.
3. Chen Liying -- Net worth $US1.7 billion. She is the vice chairman of industrial massive investment group Yunda Holding at the young age of 42.
2. Chen Xiaoying -- Net worth $US1.7 billion. The president of the express delivery group Shentong Express (pictured on the left in the foreground) is one of the most successful and youngest business women in the world at the age of 41.
1. Wu Yan -- Net worth $US1.9 billion. At the age of 36, the Chairman of the Shenzhen-listed IT company Hakim Information Technology tops the list.
NOW WATCH: Ideas videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.