A New York judge declared a mistrial on Friday for man accused of kidnapping and murdering 6-year-old Etan Patz in 1979, NY1 News reported.
A jury was in its 18th day of deliberations in the trial of Pedro Hernandez, 54, at state Supreme Court in Manhattan. Justice Maxwell Wiley told the courtroom he would have to call deliberations to an end and dismiss jurors.
More from Reuters:
- EU antitrust regulators query Qualcomm rivals on its business practices
- Jurors deadlocked in New York’s Etan Patz trial: defence attorney
- Arkansas dog bites the bullet, eating 23 rounds of ammunition
- Stowaway’s cigarette started Virginia bus fire: police
- Twin bombings outside Shi’ite mosque kill 17 in eastern Iraq
NOW WATCH: Briefing videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.