ABC and Kevin Winter/Getty ImagesBradley Cooper and Lady Gaga play love interests in ‘A Star Is Born.’
- Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga play the leading roles in the film “A Star Is Born.”
- Though this is the first time the two have worked together, Cooper was seen supporting the singer long before they knew they would star alongside each other in a movie.
- As pointed out by Kyle Buchanan on Twitter, Cooper was one of many celebrities who got on his feet to applaud Gaga’s “Sound of Music” performance at the 2015 Oscars.
- The award show took place on February 22, 2015. It was reported in March 2015 that the “Silver Linings Playbook” actor was in negotiations to direct and potentially play the lead in “A Star Is Born.”
- However, Cooper and Gaga weren’t officially confirmed as costars until August 2016, according to Deadline.
- Watch Gaga’s performance – and standing ovation from Cooper – in the video below.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.