- Pop-Tarts announced a duo of new cupcake-flavored toaster pastries.
- Frosted Chocolate Cupcake Pop-Tarts are chocolate pastries with chocolate frosting and white, creamy filling.
- Frosted Confetti Cupcake Pop-Tarts, meanwhile, are topped with white icing, filled with a Funfetti-style icing, and decorated with confetti rainbow sprinkles.
- The new flavours will hit stores nationwide in June.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Frosted Confetti Cupcake Pop-Tarts are topped with white icing and decorated with confetti rainbow sprinkles in bright primary colours, with a filling similar to Funfetti icing. This variety was actually briefly sold in June 2017, and has reportedly been the second-most requested flavour to return to the Pop-Tarts lineup.
“At Pop-Tarts, we love to give fans the flavours they love most, and our research shows that over 50 per cent of our fans eat Pop-Tarts as a snack,” Joe Beauprez, director of marketing for Pop-Tarts, said in a statement. “We reimagined the classic dessert in Pop-Tart form, giving our devoted fans more opportunity to enjoy this delicious, sweet treat any time of the day.”
The new flavours will hit stores in June, and a Pop-Tarts spokesperson told The Daily Meal that they will be sold nationwide wherever other Pop-Tarts flavours are sold.
Unfortunately, it will be a month before these two flavours are released, but in the meantime you can sample some of the 101 best cupcakes in America.
- Read more:
- You can now get snacks from Disney World sent straight to your door every month
- Nickelodeon slime ice cream is coming to Walmart and it’s every ’90s kid’s dream
- A New York City ice cream shop is selling a gelato burger made with a chocolate bun
- The ‘Great British Bake Off’ stars reunited at a fellow contestant’s wedding and each one baked an impeccable cake for the occasion
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.