- Prince Harry dropped a big clue that makes us think Baby Sussex’s arrival is imminent – or that he or she is already here.
- Buckingham Palace announced on Wednesday that the duke will visit the Netherlands next week on Wednesday, May 8 and Thursday, May 9.
- It’s highly unlikely Prince Harry would plan a two-day trip if he thought the baby could arrive while he was away.
- This suggests the couple are expecting the baby to be born over the next week, or could even have secretly already arrived.
- Meghan Markle previously told fans her baby with Prince Harry was due between the end of April and the beginning of May.
- Since Markle and Prince Harry announced plans to keep the details surrounding the birth “private,” it’s possible that Buckingham Palace won’t announce when the duchess goes into labour.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Prince Harry dropped a big clue that makes us think the royal baby’s arrival is imminent or that Baby Sussex is potentially already here.
Buckingham Palace announced on Wednesday that Harry will be out of the country next week. The palace confirmed Harry will travel to the Netherlands on Wednesday, May 8 and Thursday, May 9 to launch the countdown for the 2020 Invictus Games.
Markle previously told fans that she was expecting to give birth some time between the end of April and beginning of May. It’s highly unlikely Harry would plan a trip if there was a chance the baby could be born while he was away, so we’ll no doubt hear of the baby’s arrival over the next few days.
The royal baby could potentially even have arrived already, which could further help explain the trip announcement: Harry knew he wouldn’t be away for the birth of his first child with Markle because the birth had already happened.
How quickly the couple will share news of the birth is unclear – they recently announced plans to keep the birth secret until they have had time “to celebrate privately as a new family.”
Rumours have also suggested Markle is having a home birth, so it’s possible the birth could come and go without any official announcement – if it hasn’t already.
Some fans are starting to believe the baby could have been born “in secret,” after reported sightings of the Queen visiting Harry and Markle at their home in Frogmore Cottage.
However, former royal butler and etiquette expert Grant Harrold told INSIDER that it would “not be unusual” for the Queen to visit the duke and duchess at ther new home on the grounds of Windsor Castle.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.