HuluJune chose to stay in Gilead at the end of season two to fight for her child and the remaining handmaids.
- Hulu released a new trailer for season three of “The Handmaid’s Tale” during its Upfronts presentation Wednesday morning, and it showcases June’s fight to take down Gilead.
- When we last saw June (played by Elisabeth Moss), she gave up a potential life of freedom in Canada to stay behind in the totalitarian society that was once known as the US.
- Not only does she hope to get back her daughter, who was given to another family to raise, but she’s fighting for the remaining oppressed handmaids, a group of fertile women who are forced to bear children in this dark future.
- Surprisingly, it looks as if she’ll team up with her former enemy, Serena (Yvonne Strahovski), to further her fight.
- Season three of “The Handmaid’s Tale,” an adaptation of Margaret Atwood’s book of the same name, will be available to stream on Hulu on Wednesday, June 5. You can watch the new trailer below.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more stories.
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.