- The “Avengers: Endgame” co-director Joe Russo confirmed Valkyrie survived the events of “Infinity War” during a Q&A following the movie’s release.
- Fans got their first tease of the return of Tessa Thompson’s heroine in a TV spot for “Endgame.”
- Thompson’s Valkyrie also received her own poster for the film.
- Visit INSIDER’s homepage for more.
Thor’s friend from work is back! Tessa Thompson’s Valkyrie debuted in Thor: Ragnarok but was not seen in Avengers: Infinity War. It was later confirmed by the Russo Brothers that she escaped with other surviving Asgardians. Apparently she survived The Decimation, too. She got her own Avengers: Endgame poster, and it was in colour like the other lucky 50%.
VALKYRIE STANS RISE https://t.co/OIB1bXikt4
— abby ⎊ (@blissdaya) April 21, 2019
Nice! Looking forward to seeing more of her role in Avengers 4. It was suspected that she would return, especially when she was spotted with Ragnarok (and Men in Black: International) co-star Chris Hemsworth in September 2018, joining him when he flew to Atlanta for Avengers 4 reshoots.
One of the most exciting things about Avengers: Endgame is the number of new characters working together. Even Avengers: Infinity War didn’t cover every base. We have characters like Rhodey and Black Widow going to space for the first time, alongside Guardians Nebula and Rocket Raccoon, as Thor bonds with “new girl”Captain Marvel.
Speaking of Captain Marvel, actresses Brie Larson and Tessa Thompson are good friends off-screen, and they have been loving fans’ social media posts pairing Valkyrie and Carol Danvers. So maybe fans can expect to see their characters at least meet on screen? Thompson has brought up the idea of Marvel women getting together to fight folks and hang out in space. Maybe she’ll get her wish soon.
Continuing on that note, Marvel Studios also released another Endgame TV spot — it’s almost too much now! — and this one was heavy on the foreshadowing of endings and goodbyes. It also focused a lot on Black Widow finding a family for the first time with the Avengers. She has her own movie coming up, but will it be after she loses her Avenger “family”?
Avengers: Endgameisn’t quite the end of MCU Phase 3, as we initially thought, but it does seem to mark the endgames for some original stars and their characters. Chris Hemsworth may be on that boat, although he has said he’d be happy to return as Thor whenever they need him. If Valkyrie is in Endgame, she’d probably connect with Thor at some point. If the rest of the Asgardians return as well, will Thor want to leave to help start a new life with them, after they do whatever they do with Thanos? I have been avoiding any spoilers, so all speculation is valid to me.
Avengers: Endgame opens in theatres this Friday, April 26, as one of the many movies playing on the big screen through 2019.
- Read more:
- The 10 characters fans think are most likely to die in ‘Avengers: Endgame’
- 33 important questions ‘Avengers: Endgame’ needs to answer
- Here’s where every major character is after the Thanos snap in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’
- 19 photos that show how ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ looks without visual effects
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.