- All Nippon Airways rolled out a plane with a brand new paint job depicting a sea turtle.
- The paint job is reportedly meant to pay homage to the Hawaiian blue sky, since the aircraft’s only route will be Tokyo to Honolulu.
- The cabin interior is also Hawaii-themed with rainbow, sky, and ocean lighting.
Japans’s All Nippon Airways just secured itself a spot in the list of the world’s coolest aeroplane liveries. The airline’s brand new Airbus A380s just rolled out of the paint shop in Hamburg featuring beautiful blue sea turtles on their bodies.
Since the aircraft’s only route will be Tokyo to Honolulu, its paint job was curated to pay homage to the Hawaiian blue sky.
The blue turtle A380, also called Lani (meaning “sky” in Hawaiian), is part of ANA’s livery motif FLYING HONU. Two more colours of that turtle motif, orange in reference to the Hawaiian sunset and emerald green to represent the crystal-clear waters of the Hawaiian ocean, will appear on other A380s soon.
The cabin interior is also Hawaii-themed with rainbow, sky, and ocean lighting, as well as wall colours meant to evoke Hawaii’s blue skies, sunrises, sunsets, and night skies.
Yutaka Ito, ANA’s executive vice president, said in a press release, “The Airbus A380 will be an important addition to ANA’s current fleet and it will allow passengers to reach the scenic islands of Hawaii in comfort and style. The customised livery adds a personal touch that will make the trip that much more memorable.”
The first commercial flight is scheduled for spring 2019, between Tokyo’s Narita Airport and Honolulu.
- Read more travel stories:
- You can visit Westeros in a new immersive ‘Game of Thrones’ exhibition opening in Northern Ireland next year
- Stunning drone footage shows orcas surrounding a woman swimming off the coast of New Zealand
- You can now have lunch at Rory and Lorelai’s house from ‘Gilmore Girls’ and even get a photo opp in the show’s famous gazebo
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.