- HSBC customers reported problems logging into desktop and mobile services on Friday morning.
- The bank said it is investigating the problem and apologised for the inconvenience.
LONDON — HSBC said on Friday morning it was working to resolve issues after some UK customers reported being unable to access their online and mobile banking accounts.
Customers began reporting issues early on Friday, as login attempts produced a message stating: “Your session has expired, please log in.”
A spokesperson for HSBC told the Financial Times that the bank is “aware that some of our retail customers in the UK are having trouble logging into online banking and mobile services and we are working hard to fix the problem.”
HSBC UK’s official Twitter page also said the bank was investigating the problem, and apologised for the inconvenience.
- Credit Card Industry and Market
- Mobile Payment Technologies
- Mobile Payments Industry
- Mobile Payment Market, Trends and Adoption
- Credit Card Processing Industry
- List of Credit Card Processing Companies
- List of Credit Card Processing Networks
- List of Payment Gateway Providers
- M-Commerce: Mobile Shopping Trends
- E-Commerce Payment Technologies and Trends
NOW WATCH: Money & Markets videos
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.