HP cracked open its checkbook to land Leo Apotheker as the new CEO. Here’s his compensation:
- Base salary is $1.2 million.
- Bonus is $2.4 million to $6 million.
- Signing bonus is $4 million.
- Relocation bonus is $4.6 million.
- HP is also giving him thousands of restricted shares.
How does that compare to the previous HP CEO? Mark Hurd’s base salary in 2009 was $1.3 million. (His total compensation ended up being $24 million for the year.)
Now at Oracle, Hurd is getting $950,000 as a base salary, and he’s eligible for a $10 million bonus.
See Also: HP Stock Tanks After It Hires No-Name CEO
NOW WATCH: Tech Insider videos