This would be a relief to the employees of HP that had their salaries slashed by 5% last year, and would love to see them restored to their previous level.
Apotheker spent the last week travelling the world meeting with HP’s employees. HP recorded the meetings, and have them on their internal web system.
One source at the company, transcribed some of the key points Apotheker made in his talks with employees. Here’s the bullet points from our source:
- We will still be driving efficiency and effectiveness
- Sometimes you need to invest to be more efficient, it is not just about cutting costs
- Before hiring from the outside, you need to take care of talent on the inside
- Certain things you do in a crisis period on salaries and benefits
- It’s only fair if you perform well, you should get rewarded,
- Why don’t you stay tuned, there might be good news in November. That is all I will say, but stay tuned. There will be some websites where you get more information
- I’d like to see a situation where there is more trust between employees and senior management