- You can hide sports scores on YouTubeTV, so if you recorded a game and want to watch it later, you don’t have to worry about spoiling the outcome before you watch it.
- You can hide all scores for certain teams and even entire leagues – that way you can access YouTubeTV’s unlimited recording space for all the sports events you want to see.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Back in the 1990s, my dad, a passionate Washington Redskins fan, would often tape games we’d miss on our trusty VCR and watch them later in the day or even the week.
The interval between the recorded game and the viewing was a fraught time, with leaps to turn off radios when past scores were about to be announced and ears covered as nearby conversations turned to sports.
In a truly great prank, one time a friend of his used an old dot matrix printer to create a massive banner with the final score of a game written out in block lettering. He taped it over the front door, ruining the suspense but giving us all a good laugh.
YouTube TV can’t necessarily give you a moment of hilarious family lore, but it can protect you from spoilers when it comes to sports.
How to hide sports scores on YouTubeTV
If you want to enjoy sports spoiler-free on YouTube TV, you can do so with just a few clicks.
1. Launch YouTube TV on your computer.
2. Search for the team whose scores you wish to keep hidden and click on it.
3. On the team page, click on the three vertical dots at the top right corner of the window.
4. Click “Hide all scores for this team.”
For more information on how to set up and customise your YouTube TV settings, read our article, “How to set up and customise a YouTube TV subscription, to access unlimited recording space, personalise your Live TV guide, and more.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.