- To use the PayPal currency calculator, you need to log into your account and open the “Wallet” page.
- PayPal’s currency calculator lets you convert money amounts between nearly two dozen global currencies.
- The exact conversion rates are updated often, so you’ll always know how PayPal will convert your money.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories .
Since its founding over 20 years ago, PayPal has revolutionised the world of online business and banking. More often than not, if you’re paying for something online, there’s an option to pay using PayPal â€” and usually, it’s the more secure option.
Aside from making it easier for buyers and sellers in America to interact, it also opened the borders, letting people across the world do business with each other.
But sometimes, that global exchange of goods and services can come with a bit of maths, because conversion rates between currencies can be tricky.
Luckily, PayPal takes those headaches away by building a currency calculator right into their website. And unlike some other calculators, PayPal’s stays up-to-date with the exact conversion rates, which can change daily.
Here’s how to find and use PayPal’s currency calculator.
How to use PayPal’s currency calculator
1. Go to paypal.com and log into your account.
2. On your account page, click “Wallet” at the top of the screen.
3. Underneath your current PayPal balance, you’ll see a few options. Click “Currency Calculator.”
4. You’ll be brought to a page where you can pick two currencies, type in an amount of money, and convert between the two. When you pick a currency, you’ll also be shown the current conversion rate.
5. When you’re done converting, click “Done,” and you’ll be brought back to your PayPal wallet.
Related coverage from
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.