- You can use Netflix codes to find very specific subsets of movies and shows on Netflix.
- Once you know the link structure needed, you can use these codes to navigate to any section of the site, with categories as broad as “action/adventure” to ones specific as movies featuring a certain actor.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Navigating through Netflix is easiest when you either know the exact movie or show you want to watch, you’re ok with sticking to broader genres, or you’re fine with passively browsing the movies the site’s algorithm throws at you.
But if you’re interested in taking a more active role in your streaming experience, and looking into the smaller corners of the site that you wouldn’t be able to get to via the main menus, you might want to use Netflix codes.
On Netflix, these codes are a string of numbers that are assigned to different subsets of the site (like “Korean crime thrillers” or “tearjerkers”), and they can be inserted into the site’s URL to get to that section of the site.
Here’s more about how to use them, and some codes you might want to keep on hand:
How to use Netflix codes
It’s pretty straightforward, but you’ll need to know the code to get started. Once you have it, use this basic link structure: “https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/CODE“
So, for example, if you wanted to get to all of the action comedy movies, you’d go to:https://www.netflix.com/browse/genre/43040
Netflix codes you may want to use
- Wine and beverage appreciation: 1458
- Cerebral Scandanavian movies: 995
- Korean crime thrillers:434
- Creature features:6895
- Campy movies: 1252
- Satires: 4922
- Tearjerkers: 6384
- Westerns: 7700
- Screwball comedies:9702
- Cult TV shows: 74652
- Goofy courtroom movies:285
You can find more codes here.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.