- You can use a Lyft promo code to get discounted rides.
- Lyft offers promotional codes to first-time riders and users who refer friends to the service.
- The promo codes are usually good for a certain percentage off the cost of a ride.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
If you have never used Lyft before, there’s a good chance a promotional code is waiting for you to save some money off of your first trip with the ride-hailing service.
When you use a promo code, you receive “ride credits” good for a certain percentage or dollar amount off a completed ride. First-time riders can get up to $US25 off, while other users can share an individualized code with friends to earn credits toward future rides.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to use a Lyft promo code
1. Launch the Lyft app from your device, shown here using an iPhone X.
2. Tap the three horizontal lines at the top left-hand corner to access the menu.
3. Tap “Promos.”
4. Next, type in the code in the text box where it says “Enter Promo Code.”
5. Make sure the spelling is correct (promo codes are case sensitive in some instances).
6. If the promo code you’ve entered has been accepted, a credit will be added to your account and will be listed under “Promos.”
How to get or share Lyft promo codes
All first-time Lyft users get a promo credit to their account for their first ride. You can find the promo codes available for new users here.
If you are already a Lyft use and are looking to earn ride credits, you can share your personalised promo code with your friends, and get up to $US10 in ride credit when they book their first ride. You can find your individualized code by going to Menu > Promos > Free Rides.