- You can untag someone on Facebook from a photo or post in just a few steps.
- To untag someone on Facebook using the mobile app, go to the post and select the tag icon. On a web browser, simply click Edit Post in the post settings.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Facebook tags are a way to directly share a post or photo with a specific person, and to indicate who you were with at a certain event or time.
However, if you mistakenly tag someone or decide that you no longer want that person tagged, you’re able to untag them in the post or photo.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to untag someone on Facebook
1. Navigate to Facebook.com or open the Facebook mobile app and go to the post or photo that you would like to untag.
2. To untag someone from a post, select the “More” button and then select “Edit Post.”
3. If you’re untagging someone who you’ve tagged in the text of a post, simply, edit, highlight and delete the name, as you would if you were deleting a word.
4. If you indicated that you were with a user in your post, tap on that person’s name in the “Edit Post” screen. This allows you to add additional tags, or you can deselect the person that you would like to untag.
5. You cannot untag someone from a Facebook photo directly from your timeline. First, click on the photo to open it. On desktop, select “Edit.” On mobile, select the “tag” button at the top of the screen. From there, you can untag people by hitting the “x” next to their name.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.