- You can block or unblock a number on an Android via the built-in Phone app.
- Calls from numbers you’ve blocked will go straight to voicemail, and you won’t receive any of their text messages.
- You can add or remove numbers from your Android’s block list at any time.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
It used to be that the only people who could call your cell phone were people that you personally gave your phone number to. Now, though, your number goes all over the place â€” and as a result, you may have noticed that you’re receiving a lot more unwanted calls than you used to.
If there’s one particularly annoying number that keeps calling you, all you need to do is to block the number. Blocked calls on an Android will go straight to voicemail, and texts won’t be delivered.
And if you later realise that you actually need to hear from that number, you can unblock them just as easily.
Here’s how to do both, using your Android’s built-in Phone app.
How to block a phone number on an Android
With so many different phones out today, there are several ways to block a number on Android. Here’s one of the most common ways.
1. Open the Phone app.
2. Tap the three dot icon in the upper-right corner to open the menu.
3. From the menu, choose “Settings.”
4. In the settings menu, scroll down until you find “Blocked numbers.” Tap it.
5. At the top of the blocked numbers list, tap “Add a number.”
6. Enter the phone number you want to block, then tap “Block” to complete the action.
How to unblock a phone number on an Android
If you block a number by mistake, or your circumstances change and you no longer need to block the person from calling or texting you, unblocking is even easier than blocking.
1. Return to the list of blocked numbers, find the one you no longer want blocked, and tap the “X” button next to it.
2. Confirm that you want to unblock the number by tapping “Unblock.”
Going forward, you’ll receive calls and texts from that number again.
- embed type