- There are three ways to turn on Wi-Fi on Windows 10: with a keyboard command, through the Wi-Fi menu, or through the Settings app.
- Turning on Wi-Fi is the easiest way to connect your WindowsPC to the internet, and if you don’t have an ethernet connection, it’s likely the only way.
- When Wi-Fi is turned on, you’ll be able to connect to any available network, so long as you know the password.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Gone are the days of having to hook up a cord to your computer and telephone line, only to browse the internet at a snail’s pace.
These days, not only is it possible to go browse the web at super fast speeds without any wires, it’s actually the most popular way to get online.
If you’re running Windows 10, your Wi-Fi adaptor is likely already enabled.
If it’s not, or if you’ve accidentally disabled it in the past, and can’t figure out how to get it back, don’t worry. Here’s how to get up and running on WiFi in no time.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn on Wi-Fi on Windows 10
First of all, see if there’s a Wi-Fi button on your keyboard – it will have a picture of waves coming off of a circle or line. This is common on laptops, and will likely require you to press the Fn key and one of the numbered F keys at the top of the keyboard.
Turning on Wi-Fi via the Wi-Fi icon
1. Look to the lower-left corner of your computer screen. On the toolbar, there may be a Wi-Fi icon, which resembles a radio signal transmitting upwards. If it isn’t there, click the upwards facing arrow to see if it’s grouped with the other icons not on your toolbar.
2. Click on the Wi-Fi icon on your toolbar, then click again on the larger Wi-Fi box that appears in the pop-up menu to turn Wi-Fi on.
3. Once turned on, connect to any Wi-Fi network you prefer, so long as you have the password.
Turning on Wi-Fi via the Start menu
1. Click the Windows button and type “Settings,” clicking on the app when it appears in the search results.
2. Click on “Network & Internet.”
3. Click on the Wi-Fi option in the menu bar on the left side of the Settings screen.
4. Toggle the Wi-Fi option to “On” to enable your Wi-Fi adaptor.
5. Connect to any WiFi network you prefer, granted you know the network password.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.