- You can turn off vibration on your iPhone via the Settings menu.
- There are two vibration options on your iPhone – vibrate on ring and vibrate on silent.
- If you don’t want your iPhone to vibrate at all, turn off both of these options.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
The iPhone’s vibration feature alerts you to incoming texts, emails, or phone calls with a vibrating sensation, rather than a ringtone that plays aloud.
While you can leave your iPhone’s volume on while also utilising vibration, the feature provides a more inconspicuous way to let you know something’s going on on your iPhone.
But how do you turn off vibration when you no longer want to use it?
If you don’t want your iPhone to vibrate when receiving calls or messages, disabling the feature only takes a few seconds and can be reenabled at any time should you wish to use it again in the future.
Here’s how to toggle vibration on and off in just a few simple steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off vibration on your iPhone
1. On your iPhone’s home screen, locate and tap the Settings icon.
2. Scroll down until you find the Sounds & Haptics option in your Settings menu and tap to open.
3. Under vibrate, you’ll see options to Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent. If the feature is enabled, the button to the right of each will appear green. You can disable them by tapping to move the lever and turn it white again.
Should you wish to turn vibrate on again, simply follow steps one and two below, but instead of turning the sliding buttons beside each vibration open white, ensure one or both is turned green.
This means vibration is enabled and will occur whenever your phone receives a call or message.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.