- You can turn shuffle mode on or off on Tidal using the shuffle button in the player controls at the bottom of the screen.
- The Tidal web page and mobile app features two shuffle controls. The larger one only shuffles the current album or playlist, but can’t be used to turn off shuffle mode.
- On the mobile app, tap the minimized player controls at the bottom of the screen to make it larger, then you can find the shuffle control in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Whether you like shuffling your music or prefer albums to be played in the order the band envisioned, there’s no debate that many music players and streaming services make it hard to find the shuffle controls.
Tidal’s shuffle controls may be initially confusing because the large, obvious shuffle button can only turn shuffle mode on, not off.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn shuffle play on and off on Tidal on a computer
1. If you’re using Tidal in a web browser, you’ll find an obvious “Shuffle” button at the top of the page, to the right of the album or playlist cover art, near the “Play” button. You can click this to shuffle your music, but it will not turn off shuffle play.
2. To turn off shuffle mode, click the “Shuffle” icon at the bottom of the web page in the player control strip, located to the left of the “Previous” track button.
You can use this button to turn shuffle mode on or off, and you can tell it’s on when the button turns blue.
How to turn shuffle play on and off on Tidal on a mobile device
1. On the Tidal mobile app, you’ll find a “Shuffle” button in the middle of the screen, to the right of the “Play button.” Tapping this button will shuffle your music, but it will only turn shuffle play on, not off.
2. To turn off shuffle mode, tap the player controls at the bottom of the screen. By default, these controls are minimized, but tapping it causes the player to take up the whole screen.
3. Click the “Shuffle” icon at the far left of screen, next to the “Previous track” button. You can use this button to turn shuffle mode on or off, and you can tell it’s on when the button changes colour.
- embed type
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.