- To turn off autoplaying videos on Netflix, head to your account’s “Playback settings” page.
- You can stop Netflix from autoplaying previews on the home page, and from autoplaying the next episode in a series you’re watching.
- Every Netflix profile has its own autoplay settings, so you’ll need to turn it off for each profile individually.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Trying to read the synopsis of a new Netflix show should be easy – but when a preview for the show immediately starts blaring through your speakers, things get frustrating. It’s even worse when you’re just trying to browse, but manage to launch an autoplaying preview anyway.
Luckily, Netflix’s introduced a solution for this. If you open your account settings page, you can turn off autoplaying video previews. The page lets you turn off autoplaying episodes, too – this makes it so when you finish one episode of a series, Netflix won’t automatically start playing the next episode.
Here’s how to disable autoplaying videos on your Netflix account.
How to turn off autoplay on Netflix
To turn off autoplay, you’ll need to open your Netflix account settings, which can only be done in a web browser – not the app. However, changing your settings on one device will change it on any device that you use this Netflix account with.
1. Head to www.netflix.com/YourAccount and log into your Netflix account if you aren’t already.
2. Scroll down to the Profile & Parental Controls section. Every Netflix profile has separate autoplay settings, so you’ll need to edit each profile individually – here, click whichever profile you want to start with.
3. In the list of options that appears, scroll down to Playback settings and click Change next to it.
4. The first option on the page is labeled Autoplay controls and has two checkboxes. To turn autoplay off, uncheck either Autoplay next episode in a series on all devices or Autoplay previews while browsing on all devices (or both), depending on what you want.
5. Once you’re done, click Save at the bottom of the screen.