- You can turn off AirDrop on your iPhone through your Settings app or the Control Centre.
- AirDrop allows you to easily share files between Apple devices, but people can also use it to flood your iPhone with images and files.
- Turning AirDrop off on your iPhone only takes a moment.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
AirDrop is arguably one of Apple’s most useful inventions. The feature allows users to transfer files and photos between nearby Apple devices, even when you don’t have service.
To avoid receiving AirDrop requests from people you don’t know, you’ll want to turn off AirDrop while in public spaces, or limit who can see your device to only your contacts.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to turn off AirDrop on an iPhone via Settings
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap “General.”
3. Tap “AirDrop.”
4. Tap “Receiving Off” so that no one can see your device.
You have three options to choose from in AirDrop settings. “Receiving Off” makes your iPhone undetectable, “Contacts Only” limits it to just the individuals saved in your contacts, and “Everyone” allows any Apple device nearby to request a transfer.
How to turn off AirDrop on an iPhone via the Control Centre
1. On an iPhone X or later, swipe down from the upper right corner of the screen to open the Control Centre. On an iPhone 8 Plus or earlier, swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
2. Press firmly on the network settings square in the top right corner of the screen to expand it.
3. Once the square has expanded, you’ll see “AirDrop” and its respective icon in the bottom left. Tap on the icon.
4. Tap on “Receiving Off,” so that no one will see your device when using AirDrop.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.