- You can directly track any FedEx order on the FedEx website or through an emailed link.
- On the Tracking page, you’ll find information on where your package has been picked up and scanned and the expected delivery date and time.
- For packages that are damaged, lost, or missing contents, you can file an online claim.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
For mail and packages delivered through FedEx, the private alternative to public mailer USPS allows you to track your shipment directly on their website.
On the tracking page, you can view your shipment’s travel history, general shipment facts like package dimensions and weight, and file a claim if your package is damaged, lost, or missing contents.
FedEx offers a couple of options for tracking your mail. You can go directly to the FedEx homepage and click on the Tracking tab. If you’re a FedEx Delivery Manager member, you can receive alerts and make additional changes.
The membership’s free tier includes basic features like delivery alerts, holding a package for pickup, signing for packages online, providing delivery instructions, and requesting a vacation hold. If you want to sign up for FedEx Delivery Manager, you’ll need to give yourself time. To complete your registration and verify your address, you’ll need to enter an activation code that FedEx will mail to you in three to five business days.
Here’s how to ensure you get your FedEx package or know when to report a shipping issue.
How to track a FedEx order on the FedEx website
1. Go to fedex.com.
2. Click the “Tracking” tab.
3. Enter your tracking number in the “Tracking ID” box.
4. Select “Track” or press the Enter key.
5. Check the status of your package.
6. Alternatively, you can enter your tracking number in the “Tracking ID” box on the FedEx homepage, then click “Track” or press the Enter key.
How to track a FedEx order using FedEx Delivery Manager
1. Go to the main FedEx Delivery Manager page.
2. Sign in to FedEx Delivery Manager.
3. Select the tracking number of a shipment to view tracking details.
4. Check the status of your package.
How to contact FedEx for package issues
1. Go to the FedEx claim page.
2. Click “Start a Claim” to initiate a claim for shipments that are damaged, lost, or missing contents.
3. Enter your tracking number and select a claim type from the dropdown menu.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.