- You can text a GIF on your iPhone to add expression to your messages.
- To text a GIF, you can use either your Messages app’s built-in GIF keyboard or a third-party app.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
For an even greater library of GIFs, users can download third-party apps like GIF keyboard and GIPHY. Just like texting a written message, texting a GIF is easily accomplished through the Messages app.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to text a GIF on an iPhone using the built-in Messages keyboard
1. Open the Messages app.
2. Select the “Images” icon from the menu bar below the new message field. It looks like a pink circle with a white magnifying glass in the middle.
3. A GIF keyboard will pop up that says “Find images.” Scroll through the GIFs to view popular or recently used GIFs. If you’re looking for a specific GIF, type what you’re looking for into the “Find images” search bar to discover GIFs that best fit your message.
4. Scroll through the screen until you find the appropriate GIF. Tap on it to insert it into your message.
5. The GIF will appear in the text field. If you accidentally selected the wrong GIF, you can delete it from your message by hitting the small “X” in the top right corner of the GIF. Tap the “Send” button, the blue arrow icon on the right side, to send it.
How to text a GIF on an iPhone using a third-party app
If you’ve downloaded these from the App Store, they will appear on the same menu bar as the “Images” keyboard in Messages. Select the app’s icon to open its GIF library.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.