- You can stop Spotify from opening on startup when you turn on a Mac computer in two different ways.
- This will likely happen by default, but you can stop Spotify from opening on startup by turning off the option in your Mac computer’s System Preferences, or in Spotify’s settings.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Here’s how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Launch the Spotify app on your Mac – you can search for it using Spotlight (Command+Space) or find it by going to Finder > Applications.
2. Select Spotify from the menu at the top of the screen, and click on Preferences.
3. In Spotify’s Preferences, scroll to the bottom of the page, then select “Show Advanced Settings.”
5. Scroll to find Startup and Window Behaviour.
6. Using the drop-down menu, select “No” – Spotify will no longer open on startup.
How to stop Spotify from opening on startup on a Mac, in System Preferences
1. Launch System Preferences.
2. Find and select Users & Groups from the System Preferences menu.
3. Select Login Items from the option at the top.
4. Then click on the plus sign symbol at the bottom of the page.
5. Search for Spotify under Applications, and click Add.
7. Check the box under the column titled “Hide” for Spotify.
Your Mac will now hide the app upon startup of your computer. You can find Spotfiy by using Spotlight or searching for it in your Applications folder.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.