- You can stop notifications on a Mac computer in System Preferences, as well as adjust your notification settings.
- To stop notifications on your Mac, you’ll have to turn them off for each individual app, as you cannot apply an overall ban to all notifications.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Notifications can really slow you down when you’re trying to do uninterrupted work.
And, depending on the frequency of notifications, they can often be downright annoying.
But you do have the option to turn off app notifications on your Mac computer. You just have to be willing to do a bit of work.
That’s because rather than being able to disable all of your notifications at once, you’ll have to go into each individual app or program and specify your desired notification settings.
Here’s how to get it done:
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to stop notifications on a Mac computer
1. Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences…”
2. Select “Notifications.”
3. Select the app you want to stop notifications for in the left sidebar.
4. Change “Message alerts style” to “None” to stop pop-up notifications from appearing on your screen.
You can also stop app notifications from appearing in specific places and adjust other settings by unticking the boxes listed below the “Message alerts style” section.
After that, you can repeat this process for other apps to stop notifications or change your notification preferences.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.