- You can sign up with Rover to hire pet sitters and pet walkers, or become a pet care provider yourself.
- The process to sign up as a Rover customer is easy – click “Sign Up” at the top right of the web page and create an account.
- If you want to become a pet sitter, you need to complete a 13-step process that includes entering personal information, uploading photos, creating a Rover profile, taking a quiz and paying to complete a background check.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
Rover is a popular crowd-sourced marketplace for pet care, in which you can sign up to either provide or receive services like dog and cat sitting, dog walking, doggy day care, and house sitting. Essentially, it applies the Uber and Airbnb model to pets.
How to sign up for Rover to receive pet care
It only takes a few minutes to sign up for Rover, which provides a network of about 200,000 pet care providers across the country.
1. Open Rover in a web browser and click “Sign Up” in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Choose how you want to sign up â€” you can use your Facebook credentials, your Google account, Apple ID, or create a new username and password.
3. After creating your account, you’ll be taken back to the Rover homepage where you can search for services, but before you do that you might want to complete your profile. At the top of the page, click your profile name and then choose “Profile” from the dropdown menu.
4. In the “Account Info” section, click “Update” and enter your details, including your address. Then click “Save & Continue.”
How to sign up for Rover as a pet care provider
If you want to become a pet care provider on Rover, the sign-up process is a little more involved.
1. Go to the Rover website and sign into your Rover account (or create an account following the steps in the previous section) using the links at the top of the page.
2. Click “Get Started.”
3. Fill out the application form. Start by answering a few questions about why you want to become a pet care provider for Rover, and then click “Let’s Get Started.”
4. Complete each of the 13 pages and click “Save & Continue” at the bottom of each page to move onto the next. You will need to upload photos of yourself playing with pets, get testimonials from other people, and take a quiz that assesses your ability to be a safe and effective pet care provider.
5. You will need to authorise Rover to complete a background check, and you will be required to pay $US25 (or $US35 for an enhanced check). Enter your credit card information so Rover can perform this as a part of the application process.
6. After you complete each step, the application will be submitted and you will be notified via email if you’ve been accepted into Rover as a pet care provider.
Note: Rover’s on-demand dog walking service, Rover Now â€” which let you accept or request immediate 30-minute or 60-minute dog walks â€” was indefinitely suspended on April 17, 2020.
Related coverage from Tech Reference:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.