- You can sharpen an image in Photoshop easily by using the aptly named Smart Sharpen tool.
- Sharpening an image in Photoshop can be useful, especially if you weren’t able to snap a sharp picture by yourself.
- Only three quick steps are required to sharpen up a shot in Photoshop 2020.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Capturing sharp images is ideal, but not realistic in all photo scenarios.
Taking a picture with little to no blur is particularly hard in low light conditions, settings where the colour of your subject approximates the colour of the background, or in action shots where you need to account for motion.
Fortunately, it’s incredibly easy to sharpen a shot in Photoshop 2020.
In fact, it only takes three steps.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to sharpen an image in Photoshop
1. Open Photoshop and load the image you want to sharpen onto the canvas.
2. Open “Filter,” located in the main toolbar at the top of the application.
3. Scroll to “Sharpen.” Scroll through the options until you see “Smart Sharpen…” and select it.
And just like that, your image will be crisp as a cucumber.
While Smart Sharpen automatically calibrates a sharper image, if you want to customise the filter further, there are adjustments available for you to tinker with and test, include removing lens or motion blur.
There’s also a Sharpen brush, which you can use to sharpen specific parts of the image manually. You can find it in your tool palette on the left side of the screen – right-click the icon that looks like a water droplet (between the paint bucket and zoom tools), and select “Sharpen Tool.”
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.