- The Galaxy S10’s Game Launcher isn’t always enabled by default, and figuring out how to set it up requires going into your settings.
- The Samsung Game Launcher is an optional feature on the Galaxy S10 that stores all of your games and lets you customise your gaming experience.
- You can turn on the Game Launcher from the Advanced features page of the Galaxy S10’s Settings app.
- You can use game tools within the Launcher to suppress notifications, so other apps can’t interfere with your games.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you play games on your Galaxy S10, you’ll probably be interested in the Samsung Game Launcher, since it’s designed to improve your mobile gaming experience.
Not only is it a central folder that stores all of your favourite games, it also lets you tweak how your phone behaves when you are gaming. The Galaxy S10’s Game Launcher can suppress notifications, for example, to prevent an incoming text message from covering an important part of the game screen at a critical moment.
Your Galaxy S10 comes with the Game Launcher, though by default it might not be turned on.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to set up Game Launcher on the Galaxy S10
1. Start the Settings app.
2. Tap “Advanced features.”
3. Scroll down to Game Launcher and turn it on by sliding the button to the right.
4. On the Add to Home screen window, tap “Add” so you can find the Game Launcher more easily.
5. Find the Game Launcher app on your home screen and start it.
6. On the “Hide games on Home and App screen” window, it’s a good idea to tap “Hide games.” This way, game apps only appear on your phone once – in the Game Launcher. Otherwise, you’ll see two copies of your game apps.
How to add games to the Game Launcher
As a general rule, when you install a new game, it will automatically be added to Game Launcher. But there may be times when Game Launcher doesn’t recognise a game as a game, and fails to add it. If that happens, it’s easy to add games manually.
1. Open the Game Launcher app.
2. Tap the three dots at the top right of the screen.
3. Tap “Add apps.”
4. In the list of installed apps, tap a game and then tap “Add.”
How to use game tools to customise your game
You can use game tools with many games in the Game Launcher (it doesn’t work with every game, unfortunately) to customise your gaming experience. This feature works on a game-by-game basis. Here’s how it works:
1. From the Game Launcher, start a game.
2. Tap the Game Tools button in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. From here, you can change a variety of settings:
- Tap “Calls and notifications” to block most notifications. You can’t completely block incoming calls, but you can minimise them so they don’t take up half of your screen.
- Likewise, the “Block during call” section lets you suppress a number of other Galaxy S10 features like Bixby and edge panels.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.