- You can set a Spotify song as your alarm on an Android device in a few quick steps.
- You need to download both Spotify and Google’s Clock app for the feature to work.
- Visit Business Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories .
To set a Spotify song as your alarm on your Android mobile device, you need two separate apps. The first, obviously, is Spotify. The second app â€” the alarm clock â€” is Google Clock. You can download it from the Google Play Store if you don’t already have it.
How to set a Spotify song as your alarm on Android
The support of Spotify soundtrack alarms is a new feature on Google Clock, so if you haven’t updated either of those apps in a while, you should do so before trying to set a music alarm. Once you’re up to date, though, the process is relatively straightforward.
1. Open the Google Clock app.
2. Tap the circle with the plus “+” symbol in the centre to create a new alarm.
3. Tap on the hour at which you want the alarm to sound.
4. Tap on the minute at which you want the alarm to sound. Also tap on “AM” or “PM.”
5. With your new alarm open in the Clock app, tap on the bell icon.
6. If you’re asked which music alarm to connect to, tap on “Spotify Music.”
7. Tap on the “Spotify” tab and swipe through the list of music until you locate one you wish to set as your alarm. You can also hit the “Search” button to search for a specific song or artist.
8. Tap on the music you want to set as your alarm. It will begin to play.
9. When you return to the main alarm screen, the music you selected will now be the sound that plays when your alarm goes off.
- embed type