- You can set different wallpapers when using dual monitors on Windows 10 so that each display has its own distinct background.
- To set these different wallpapers, you’ll need to go to Windows 10’s “Personalise” menu, which you can open with just a click.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If you have dual monitors set up, then having the same image on both screens may be a wasted opportunity. Why not display two images that you love, instead of just one?
In Windows 10, you can set a different wallpaper on each monitor with a few easy clicks – however, exactly what you need to click isn’t immediately obvious.
Here’s what you need to know about setting different wallpapers on your dual monitors, using Windows 10.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to set different wallpapers on dual monitors in Windows 10
1. Right-click your desktop background and select “Personalise” from the menu.
2. In the new menu, browse for the images you want. Find both of the images you want so they’re pre-loaded in the “Choose your picture” bar.
3. Right-click the images you want from this bar. This will allow you to assign each image to its own monitor. They will all be “fit” in the same way (you can select this using the “Choose a fit” drop-down menu), so it’s a good idea to choose images that are similar dimensions.
Do this for both pictures, and they will appear on your monitors.
While you have multiple displays set up, you’ll also be offered a new fit option – “Span.” Span will allow long images, like panoramic shots, to be stretched across the multiple displays.
To do this:
1. Set the long image as the background on your first monitor.
2. Under “Choose a fit,” select “Span.”
3. The image will fill both monitors.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.