- You can send money on Venmo – as well as request it – right from the app’s homescreen.
- Sending money on Venmo is easy, but be sure to have your bank account or credit or debit card already linked to your account.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Venmo allows you to link your debit and credit cards as well as bank accounts to send payments to friends and family within the US.
Learning how to send money on Venmo is easy. Here’s what you need to know.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to send money on Venmo using the app
2. In the top-right hand corner of the screen, tap the payment icon, which looks like a pen and pad with a money symbol. This is where you can send and request money.
3. Next, in the textbox, enter the username of the person you want to pay. You can also find them in your list of friends by scrolling down. If you enter in the name of someone who you’ve never sent money to before, you’ll be asked to confirm that you’re choosing the right person.
4. Enter the amount you want to send.
5. Here, write a brief memo or description of what the payment is for. You can also alter who can see the payment by tapping the icon near the bottom of the page that reads “Friends,” “Public,” or “Private.”
6. Once you’ve filled out the payment amount and memo, select “Pay.”
7. For the final step, you can specify how you’d like to pay – choose between the credit and debit cards or bank accounts linked to your Venmo.
8. If everything looks good, tap “Pay” at the bottom of the page. You will then receive a confirmation email and the transaction will appear on your Venmo profile page, and in your feed.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.