- You can sell items on eBay in a few steps, but you’ll first need to have an eBay account.
- You should include as many details as you can on your item listing, including photos, condition, and brand.
- You can choose to auction your item to the highest bidder or sell it immediately to someone at a fixed price using the “Buy It Now” option.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Many of us are guilty of buying way too much stuff that we never end up using. While it’s great to donate unwanted clothes, shoes, and other items to charities when possible, for items that are newer or of higher value, it might be worth making a few extra bucks by listing them for sale on eBay.
Listing items for sale on eBay is a straightforward process. Once you create a listing, you can even customise it to best suit how you want to sell.
Here’s how to get started so you can start raking in some extra cash.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to sell items on eBay by listing them on the site
2. Click “Sell” in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
3. On the next page, begin by entering information on the item you’re selling. This will help eBay determine which category your item should be listed in.
4. Click on the suggested category that most fits the item you’re selling. You will then be taken to the listing page.
5. Under “Listing details,” enter as much information about your item as possible, from size to colour to condition. You should also upload as many detailed photos of your item as possible on this screen. Note that while not all categories are mandatory, those that are are are marked with an asterisk (“*”) symbol.
6. When you’ve added all the details about your item, click “List item.”
Your item will then be listed for sale on the eBay site.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.