- You can see who is following you on Facebook through your profile or page with these quick steps.
- If someone is interested in your Facebook page, they won’t always send a friend request – some people simply follow your profile.
- Facebook allows you to see who is following your profile, and also find out if you have any mutual friends.
- Facebook users can also follow your Pages, instead of liking them.
Whether you use Facebook personally or professionally – or a mix of both – it’s significant to know who might be visiting your profile outside of your close friend group.
People can quietly “follow” you instead of sending a friend request (if your profile is public rather than private), meaning that your posts will appear in their News Feed without your knowledge.
In other words, there might be some people seeing your public updates more regularly than you think.
How to see who is following you on Facebook
1. Go to your friends tab and select the “More” section.
2. Click “Following.”
3. Scroll through the list of who’s following you.
From here, you can send a friend request to anyone following you, unless they have disabled this option. Facebook also shows you any mutual friends you may have. This way, you can see how you might be connected and why this person might’ve started following you.
How to see who is following your Facebook Pages
In addition to seeing who follows your personal profile, you can also check who “follows” your Facebook Pages, a distinction from the people who “like” them.
Facebook users can choose to “follow” a page without liking it. When they choose to “like,” that automatically turns on the “follow” function as well, unless the user turns it off. Users can also follow individual Facebook Shows on the page.
To see who is following your page, make sure you are on the “page” tab of your account. Then, scroll down until you see this section in the right-hand sidebar.
Here, you can see the number of likes your page has received but also the number of follows. These numbers might vary since, as mentioned above, users can choose to either both follow and like, or just do one or the other.
You’ll need to take a few more steps to see exactly who follows your page:
1. Go to the “Settings” tab on your page.
2. Click “People and Other Pages” on the left-hand sidebar.
3. Toggle the menu to select “People Who Follow This Page.”
This will show you who currently follows your page.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.