- You can see old notifications on your iPhone by opening the Notification Centre.
- It’s easy to access the Notification Centre on your iPhone whether it’s locked or unlocked, and you can view, manage, or clear notifications with just a few swipes.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories .
If you’ve been away from your iPhone screen and are eager to catch up with what’s new, the Notification Centre is a great place to start.
Apple makes it a particularly easy menu to access, whether your phone is locked or unlocked. And it’s the best way to view notifications that you may have initially missed.
Here’s how to see and manage your old notifications.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to see old notifications on your iPhone
1.Pick up your iPhone to wake it up, or tap the screen (or press home screen button on the bottom for pre-iPhone X models).
2. From the lock screen, swipe up from the middle to see your notifications.
If your iPhone is already unlocked, you can swipe down from the top to see your old notifications.
How to clear old notifications on your iPhone
1. Next to the words Notification Centre is an X in a grey circle. Tap and hold it.
2. “Clear All Notifications” will appear. Tap it to clear all your notifications.
3. If you want to clear individual notifications, you can swipe left over a notification or a group of notifications for the same app. You’ll see options to “Manage,” “View,” or “Clear” the notification. Tap “Clear.”
You can manage your notifications from both a locked and unlocked screen.
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.