- You can luckily save text conversations on your iPhone for those times when your conversations are just too funny, moving, or filled with important information to delete or exist simply on your phone.
- While there isn’t a feature for automatically exporting a conversation, you can save an entire iPhone text conversations for later review and enjoyment using a workaround in the Messages app.
- To preserve a text chain with total fidelity to its original appearance, a series of screenshots may be your best option.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
It’s a bit surprising, really, that it’s not easier to export and save entire iPhone text message conversations or at least large portions of a chat.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to save an entire text conversation on your iPhone
1. Open the text chain you wish to preserve and hold a finger down on one of the texts in the conversation.
2. Tap the “More…” option when it appears, then tap the circle to the left of each text and image you want to save.
3. Tap on the curved arrow at the bottom right corner of the screen, then enter the phone number or email address that you wish to send the text the conversation to.
4. You can also hold a finger down on the new text message and tap “Copy” to copy it for pasting elsewhere on your iPhone, such as into an email or a note.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.