- You can return an item on eBay if your purchase arrives defective, damaged, or does not match the online description.
- eBay’sMoney Back Guarantee ensures refunded items in most cases, although there are certain timelines and requirements that buyers and sellers must follow.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
So that vintage T-shirt you ordered off eBay wasn’t in quite so “excellent” condition after all? Or maybe the record player you bought arrived with a broken turntable.
Luckily, you should be able to return those items with no problem.
eBay’s Money Back Guarantee ensures you will be refunded if you return an item that didn’t match its description, or arrived defective or damaged. You’ll likely have to request a return within 30 days of receiving the item – or longer if the seller has an extended return window.
If you simply regret a purchase, then it’s up to the seller whether or not your return will be accepted. Sellers have three days to attempt to resolve an issue before eBay gets involved.
Either way, here’s how to return an item you bought on eBay.
How to return an item on eBay
1. Log into your eBay account and click on “My eBay” at the top right corner of the screen.
2. On the dropdown menu, click “Purchase History.”
3. Find the item you wish to return, then click “Return this item.”
4. On the next screen, type in a note about why you want to return it and select a reason from the dropdown menu.
5. Click “Request a return.”
Now you have to wait until the seller decides whether or not to accept your return request.
If they don’t but you think you deserve a refund due to the condition of the item bought, you can contact eBay and request help with the return if it’s within 30 days of your purchase.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.