- You can reset a Fitbit Charge HR to solve any issues you are having with syncing, slow performance, or a lack of responsiveness from the tracker.
- If a reset does not work, completing a factory reset will almost always restore a Fitbit Charge HR to proper function, but it will wipe all data off the tracker.
- It’s easy to reset a Fitbit Charge HR, but slightly more difficult to perform a factory reset.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
If your Fitbit Charge HR isn’t working quite right, then restarting the device should do the trick.
Whether you’re having issues syncing the Fitbit with your phone or the device is running slowly, a restart should refresh the software and restore proper function.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to reset a FitbitCharge HR
To restart a Fitbit Charge HR, simply connect its power cable and then hold in the device’s lone button for a little more than 10 seconds.
When the Fitbit logo and some numerical data appear on screen, the unit has reset and should be working properly again.
How to factory reset a Fitbit Charge HR
If restarting a Fitbit Charge HR did not solve your software issues, or if you are planning to sell or give away the tracker, then a factory reset is in order.
Along with fixing glitches, factory resets wipe all personal data off the tracker, rendering it like new for its new owner. This is a more difficult process than a simple reset – here’s how to do it.
1. Connect the Fitbit’s power cable (which must be plugged into a power source).
2. Press and hold the button for two seconds.
3. Once the battery icon appears, release and then immediately press the button again, holding for two seconds and then removing the power cable.
4. Once the cable is removed, continue holding for a count of eight to nine seconds.
5. Release, then press for eight to nine seconds again.
6. Release and press a third time, again for another eight to nine second count.
7. Now the tracker should display the word “ERASE.” Release the button and set the tracker aside for about five minutes, during which time it will wipe itself clean.
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.