- You can share up to 15 seconds of your favourite songs and put the lyrics on your Instagram story for your followers to enjoy for the next 24 hours.
- After you’ve added a photo or video to your Instagram story, swipe up on the screen and select “Music” to add a particular song and its lyrics, which you can customise the display of.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Since 2016, Instagram has allowed users the option to create Instagram stories and share them for 24 hours with followers, similar to Snapchat. Instagram stories also allow users to create polls and share music from various platforms, such as SoundCloud and Spotify.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to put lyrics on your Instagram story
2. On the home screen of Instagram, click your profile picture in the top-left corner to add (or create) an Instagram story.
3. Add a picture (or video) you want to feature with the music lyrics.
4. Before you publish the story, swipe up and select “Music.” If you do not see it on your screen, tap on the search bar and type “Music.”
5. Select a song you wish to add the lyrics from to your Instagram story. You can scroll through the songs suggested to you, or tap the search bar and search for a song.
6. After you select the song, choose a snippet of the song and the corresponding lyrics will appear. You can feature up to 15 seconds of the song and the lyrics from the timestamp will appear on the screen.
- For songs that have lyrics available, you’ll have four different lyric-formatting options to choose from by tapping any of the available “A” icons.
7. After you select the snippet of the song, press “Done” in the top right-hand corner of the screen and proceed to position or resize the lyrics as you’d like, then upload the story.
- embed type
- embed type
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.