- It’s possible to play and listen to Spotify via your Apple Watch.
- Playing music from Spotify on your Apple Watch requires the Spotify app on your watch’s paired iPhone.
- Once the Spotify app is installed on your Apple Watch, playing from Spotify is as easy as tapping a button.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Spotify has revolutionised the way we listen to music. The streaming service, which offers more than 35 million songs, allows you to listen to pretty much any artist or album you could think of, regardless of whether you’re at home or on the go.
While you likely already have the Spotify mobile app on your iPhone, learning how to play music on your Apple Watch will take a couple of quick steps. Once you’re set up, you’ll be able to listen to songs right from your watch.
Getting started couldn’t be simpler – here’s what you need to know.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to listen to Spotify on your Apple Watch
Before you can listen to Spotify on your Apple Watch, you’ll need to make sure the app is installed on the device. To do this:
1. Make sure that Spotify is downloaded on your iPhone.
2. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Under the “Installed on Apple Watch” heading in the My Watch section, make sure that Spotify is there.
4. If it’s not, you can install it by scrolling down to “Available Apps” and tapping on the “Install” button that appears to the right of Spotify.
Once Spotify is installed on your watch, you can launch it at any time by tapping the app’s icon on your Apple Watch’s home screen.
Additionally, beginning to play music from the Spotify app on your iPhone will auto-launch the app on your Apple Watch. To access it, press the small red bar graph indicator that appears at the top of your watch’s clock face.
It should be noted that the Apple Watch’s version of Spotify is somewhat limited when compared to the iPhone app. Your Watch will allow you to play, pause, and skip tracks, as well as inform you of the title and artist of the track you’re listening to.
You can even see a list of recently played songs, though you won’t be able to choose individual songs to play from your watch – you’ll have to skip through the list using the forward and back arrows to do that. If you want to pick specific songs to play, you’ll have to do that from your iPhone.