- TikTok user sunnycusine shared their hack for making a perfect egg envelope.
- The trick includes separating the egg white from the yolk and cooking the white first.
- Next, sunnycusine places the yolk into the centre of the cooked white, which then gets folded into a square shape.
- Visit Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Home cooks can turn to TikTok for everything from cooking hacks to meal inspiration. In September, TikTok user sunnycusine posted a video tutorial on how to create a perfect egg envelope, and it’s recently been making the rounds on Twitter too.
At the time of writing, the video has been viewed 49.4 million times.
The first step to achieving this envelope effect is separating the white from the yolk. Watching the video, you can see sunnycusine cover the bottom of a non-stick pan with egg white, letting it cook completely before ladling the yolk into the centre.
Peeling the white off of the pan, sunnycusine folds four sides over the yolk to form a square pouch.
The envelope seems to be a clever solution for getting well-done egg whites and a super runny yolk at the same time.
You can see the yolk run in the second video shared by sunnycusine:
@sunnycusineI’m coming~do you like the soft-boiled eggs##deliciousfood##eggchallenge
A perfect egg pouch isn’t easy to achieve even through the more traditional poaching method. But TikTok cooks offer quick and easy-to-follow tutorials that you can watch over and over again until you get it right.
- Read more:
- A TikTok user’s easy hack for getting grease stains out of plastic food storage containers calls for soap, water, and paper towel
- A graphic shows the way you cook scrambled eggs can completely change how they look and taste
- I tried 6 ways of storing cut avocados and ranked them from worst to best
- I made Gordon Ramsay’s iconic scrambled eggs and it’s the only way I’ll eat them from now on
Business Insider Emails & Alerts
Site highlights each day to your inbox.