- You can easily log out of Twitter on your computer or mobile device.
- On the Twitter website, you can log out from the three-dot menu in the bottom-left corner of the homepage.
- On the Twitter mobile app, you can log out from the Account section of the Settings and privacy page.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you have a Twitter account, chances are you log in on a daily basis – or maybe even multiple times a day – to scroll through your timeline.
If you use Twitter on your phone or personal computer, you may like the idea of staying logged in at all times. However, there may be times when you need to log out of your Twitter account, like if you’ve logged in on a public computer or on someone else’s phone.
Here’s how to log out of your Twitter account on any device.
How to log out of Twitter on a computer
If you’re logged in to Twitter on multiple web browsers, like Chrome and Safari, you’ll need to log out on each browser separately.
1. Using any web browser on your computer, go to the Twitter website.
2. From the Twitter homepage, click the icon of three horizontal dots in the bottom-left corner, next to your name and profile image.
3. In the pop-up menu, click Log out [your username].
4. In the next pop-up, click Log out again to confirm. You will now be logged out of Twitter on this web browser and can log back in at any time.
How to log out of Twitter on a mobile device
1. Open the Twitter app on your iPhone or Android device.
2. From the Twitter homepage, tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the top-left corner.
3. Select Settings and privacy at the bottom of the menu.
4. At the top of the Settings and privacy page, tap Account.
5. At the bottom of the Account page, tap the red Log out button and select Log out again in the pop-up. You will now be logged out of the Twitter app and can log back in at any time.